Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Performance Art Critique


Robert Benditt:
I liked the idea of letting others know about the accident. The only problem I saw with this performance piece was the location. The bus stop bench was at a busy intersection, with lots of traffic, but you could have been mistaken for some one going to practice wearing their sports gear. I probably would have picked a spot that had more foot traffic. The person filming you could have come in closer so the video audience would be able to see you and the sign for a better understanding of the performance. A drunk driver, who hit me, broke my hand, my back and I almost lost my right leg, and so I can understand where you were coming from with this performance. Nice job.



Agnieszka Black:
Your performance reminded me of the artist Franco B, where he cut his arms and waked back and forth on a white paper catwalk. The fact that you used gunpowder was very original and very much unexpected. The smoke of the gunpowder was a great effect. The white sheet to me represented Franco B completely painted white. This performance was a great way to tie in your concept piece to the iconic Franco B.

Bradshaw Brittany:
Your project was a great concept for a performance art piece. I really liked when you took a copy of the computer screen shot to the Grand Prix Fun Center in Tampa, and started to dance around with it. By dancing around in the busy arcade, you brought more attention to you self. This promoted more interaction with the patrons of this establishment. The only critique I can give you is maybe zoom in closer when you were on the dating site on your computer.

Cable Miles:
I really enjoyed the video editing of your performance piece. You showed a very artistic and unusual way of doing panorama shots. Being able to show what you see at the same time, as what the audience would see is very clever. The only critique I would have for you is location. I would have picked somewhere busier, maybe even inside the food court of Vaughn Building at lunchtime.

 Cannella Jonathan:
This performance was probably my favorite of all the performances. The fact that you picked a very public place and used a hidden camera, allowed the people involved to act as naturally as possible. The sped up pace of the video really gave the piece a comical feel to it. I couldn’t help but laugh while watching it.  The fact that you placed your self in the middle of the playing field made it impossible for the people-playing ball to ignore you. Great job!
  
Ester Michael:
Your project was a very interesting performance art piece. The fact that you ere completely disconnected from what was going on around you increased the level of personal venerability on your part. Turning yourself into a human canvas by wearing a white body suit from head to toe was brilliant. Your projects this semester have shown great thought and imagination, this one was no exception, Great job. I loved the fact that you brought the body suit to class as part of your presentation.

Ellis Kerrijo:
Your performance art piece was very interesting. I love the fact that you are involved in issues that face the youth of today. The sign hanging from your neck about beauty being skin deep was a great idea. Many young women today think that there is a certain way you must look to be beautiful. The poster of the same girl, side by side, one with lighter skin was a great conversation starter. You had a good location where lots of young people frequent. I would have likes to seen your face with one half your natural skin tone, and the other side with a much lighter base color. I think that would have brought more attention to you.

Falk Lindsay:
The dialogue in this particular performance really added to the piece. The three pairs of glasses kind of reminded me of some sort of a cross between a human and a bug. Very entertaining. I thing you may have gotten more interaction with the public if you had more than three pairs of sun glasses on you. You could have hung several more pairs on your collar as well as your clothing. A little more outlandish outfit may have brought you more attention.

Farrell Austin:
I loved the video and sound of your performance. It had an artistic sense to it. The concept was fantastic and the fact that you stayed there for three hours showed your conviction to your craft. The video had a professional feel to it, great job. I do not have any critique for you. It was very good.

Geronimo Nick:
This type of performance was a popular one. I liked the fact that you made yourself a human canvas with no protection, just your shorts. The fact that you could see the people painting you and interact with them, took away some of your vulnerability, but still a great performance. People seemed to enjoy painting you.

Nguyen Thao:
Your projects are always wonderful. This was no exception. The use of three camera angles was a great touch for the video. It showed a higher level of creativity. The location you picked showed a lot of thought went into this performance. Cutting your hair with garden sheers, and wearing a mirror on your face, made it impossible for patrons of the Vietnamese restaurant to ignore you. Great job, as usual.
  
Smith Lindsay:
Your performance art piece was a lot of fun. I really liked the frame with the arrows pointing inward. It showed a lot of creativity. I would have liked to have seen you dressed more outlandishly. This would have brought more attention to you, and made the people more apprehensive to joining you in the frame. It seemed like most of them came to you instead. Fun piece! 

Tillet Cindy:
I really enjoyed your performance. I thought it took a lot of courage on your part to perform in your neighborhood, where people know you. Bound in chains and blindfolded really made this piece the attention getter that you were looking for. The poem you kept reciting was great. The fact that it was your own original poem really showed me how talented you are, great job!!

Varrino Marco:
Our class had three body painting performance art projects, and surprisingly, they were all different from each other. Each one gave something different to me. Your piece had a feel of aggression on the part of your friend. It was almost like a feel of a public lashing. I loved the fact that you went around your neighborhood all covered in paint, and not answering back to the people asking you questions. That showed your commitment to the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment